In the same way that you can offer discounts on products price or on the cart subtotal, you can also offer woocommerce discount on shipping fees using the Woocommerce Dynamic Discount plugin.
WooCommerce offers many possibilities to define shipping fees. In general we have three shipping methods which are Flat rate , Local pickup, and Free shipping (read more about them by clicking on the links).
The Conditional Discounts for WooCommerce plugin allows you to apply discounts on shipping fees within the cart and this based on specific rules (which you can define in the discount settings).
Conditional Discounts for WooCommerce works with rules and product lists. So you can create dynamic discounts based on product lists and some rules. Click here to see how you can create product lists.
Many rules can be used to create discounts and some rules can be coupled to create advanced dynamic discounts like the woocommerce discount on shipping fees.
The screenshot below shows you the list of rules that can be defined :
The image below shows you how to offer a 3% off discount on cart subtotal if for example the customer buys more than $500 worth of t-shirts.
Now let’s see how to setup a woocommerce discount on shipping fees.
Let’s assume that the product list has been created and the shipping fees has already been defined. If you’re not sure how to do that, please check here.
The next step will consist in creating the discount.
To create a discount shipping fees using Conditional Discounts for WooCommerce follow these steps :
- Go to the WordPress Dashboard.
- Click on Discounts > New Discount menu to access the new discount page.
- After setting up the basic discount properties such as the start and end date, periodicity and user limit, set the rules relationship.
- Then click on the Add rules group button to create a new rules set (this step can also be ignored if you want to apply the discount to everyone without rule)
- Select the rule that best fits your demand
- Choose the specific Action; the type of discount to apply. For shipping discounts types, we have three possibilities.
- Percentage off shipping fees : defines the discount percentage off the shipping fees
- Fixed amount shipping fees : defines the discount amount off the shipping fees
- Fixed shipping fees : defines a new fixed shipping fees that should be paid by the customer
- Select the percentage or fixed amount to apply according to your previous choice
- Choose the shipping methods on which the selected action applies on. Here you have two possibilities. As said above, you have three shipping methods and only Flat rate and Local pickup can receive discounts. Note that Multiple choices are allowed here.
- Publish the discount.
Some dynamic WooCommerce discount on shipping fees examples using Conditional Discounts for WooCommerce:
- 50% off discount on shipping fees for the first 10 customers who ships orders to Romania or Russia
- Free shipping if order subtotal is more than $999
- Apply $2 off Flat rate shipping fees if customers email domain name is orionorigin.com
This tutorial is to help you learn how to create a woocommerce discount shipping fees whenever you feel the need to do it.
If you have any questions or remarks, kindly drop a comment below.